Mohamed is currently a Senior Bioinformatician at Molecular Biology & Genetics Laboratory (MBG Lab) in Dubai, where he supervises a research projects and clinical NGS data analysis. In addition, Mohamed develops and oversees research training programs in several Algerian Universities.
During his work at TAGC and Necker Hospital, Mohamed focused on the application large- scale genomic approaches to understand genetic and epigenetic mechanisms associated with normal and pathologic cell development. He identified a group of Long Non-Coding RNAs (LncRNAs) dysregulated in leukemia and perform functional assays to study their potential implications in oncogenesis.
Mohamed, also, evaluate enhancer activity in different cellular contexts, including cell stimulation, transcription factor perturbation and pathological models; and explore the dynamics of selected histone modifications and transcription factors during early T cell development in vivo. These projects were conducted in collaboration with the European Blueprint consortium.
Mohamed has acquired extensive knowledge in experimental and computational biology, specifically in transcriptome analysis and chromatin immuno-precipitation coupled with deep sequencing (CHIP-Seq) and RNA-sequencing analysis. Mohamed is proficient in R, python, Perl, JAVA and many other programming languages.
- 2016-Current position : Senior Bioinformatics and Genomics MBG Lab Dubai UAE
- 2020-2021 : Graphic Design Certificate (Online Formation) Shaw Academy
- 2017-2019 : Master's Degree in Web Development (Grade Online) Université de Paris
- 2013-2016 : PhD in « Bioinformatics, Genomics » TAGC Marseille
- 2014 : Member of the Algerian Paper Awards Committee and The Algerian Network for Academics, Scientists and Researchers. ANASR
- 2012-2013 : 1st year PhD in « Bioinformatics, Genomics » Necker Institut Paris
- 2011-2012 : Master in « Complementary skills in computer science », Aix-Marseille University
- August to November 2011 : Engineer in Bioinformatics at CIML - Pierre Ferrier Team
- 2010 - 2011 : Supervision of Master 2 Bioinformatics for their final projects, Blida University
- 2009-2011 : Master in Bioinformatics,Genomics and Biochemistry, Aix-Marseille University
- Since 2008 : Group Leader of E-gene Project
- 2008-2009 : Bachelor in « Molecular and Cellular Biology », Méditerranée university – France
- 2004-2005 : Bachelor in « Microbiology » Blida University – Algeria
- 2003 : Scientific Baccalaureate, SVT, International high school Alexandre Dumas
- 2001 : Scientific Baccalaureate, SVT, high school Omar Ben el Khatab, Blida Academy - Algeria